Gas leak kills two brothers in Swabi.

SWABI -- Two young brothers died and their parents and two sisters fell unconscious due to suffocation caused by leakage from a gas heater mounted on a cylinder in Kotha village here on Saturday, Rescue 1122 officials said.

The family had lighted the heater for warming themselves, but it stopped burning due to unknown reasons, and the leaking gas filled the room, suffocating the inmates. Luqman Khan, a rescue official, told Dawn that the family members were to Bacha Khan Medical Complex, Shahmansoor, where doctors pronounced Ahmad Khan, 13, and Hasnain Khan, 3, dead.

The family head, Naveed, his wife and two young daughters were admitted for treatment.

Meanwhile, under the vision of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police chief Moazzam Jah Ansari, the Swabi police have launched the police station record management system (PSRMS) as part of efforts to ensure modern policing through digitisation.

District police officer Captain...

To continue reading

Request your trial

VLEX uses login cookies to provide you with a better browsing experience. If you click on 'Accept' or continue browsing this site we consider that you accept our cookie policy. ACCEPT