Poisonous gas in water tank claims seven lives in Chaman.

 
FREE EXCERPT

QUETTA -- Seven people, including a man and his two sons, have died after inhaling poisonous gas in an underground water tank in Chaman, a town near the Pak-Afghan border.

The tragic incident took place on Monday when a trader, Mohammad Naeem, went inside the underground water tank of a local market at Tranch road area. However, he fell unconscious in the tank. According to the police, Naeem's two sons also jumped into the water tank to rescue their father. Later, four more people also went inside the tank for rescue purpose.

'All seven persons fell unconscious due to presence of poisonous gas in the water tank,' Assistant Commissioner of Chaman Zakaullah Durrani told Dawn...

To continue reading

REQUEST YOUR TRIAL