Lack of safety gadgets kills sanitary worker; two critical.

MUZAFFARGARH -- A sanitary worker died and two others fell unconscious while cleaning a drain on Tuesday.

The three workers got stuck in a drain in Alipur, while the people outside called rescue officials for help.

However, due to poisonous gases inside the drain, one of the sanitary workers died, while two others were shifted to a hospital in a critical condition.

The deceased was identified as 30-year-old Muhammad Wasim and the two...

To continue reading

Request your trial

VLEX uses login cookies to provide you with a better browsing experience. If you click on 'Accept' or continue browsing this site we consider that you accept our cookie policy. ACCEPT