House gutted in Shangla fire.

SHANGLA -- A two-storey house was gutted in Puran area here on Friday night. The fire was brought under control by local people.

Assistant commissioner, Puran, told Dawn that the fire erupted in one of the rooms of Hamish Gul's house due to electric short circuit in Aloch suburbs, engulfing the entire house and reducing it to ashes. However, family members remained unhurt in the incident.

He said that the affected family would get compensation under the provincial disaster management policy to rebuild their house.

Meanwhile, a new spell of snowfall, which started on Friday, and continued for the second consecutive day in upper parts of Shangla district on Sunday, while rain lashed the plains.

Yakhtangay, Shangla Top, Kandaw, Ajmeer, Spen Ghar, Gamtal, Lilownai and other areas received...

To continue reading

Request your trial

VLEX uses login cookies to provide you with a better browsing experience. If you click on 'Accept' or continue browsing this site we consider that you accept our cookie policy. ACCEPT