Govt makes first formal contact with Akhtar Mengal.

 
FREE EXCERPT

ISLAMABAD -- Federal government has made first formal contact with chief of Balochistan National Party-Mengal after he announced withdrawal from coalition government.

According to details, Chairman Senate Sadiq Sanjrani called on Sardar Akhtar Mengal to convey message of government's negotiating committee which is headed by Defence Minister Pervaiz Khattak.

The Senate Chairman informed BNP-M chief that negotiating committee will soon hold a meeting with him. However, according to sources, Akhtar Mengal stood by his position and said that he has done what he had to do, now government has to make progress on its commitments.

Sadiq Sanjrani, while assuring him of conveying his message to the committee, said that we can more effectively solve the problems of Balochistan if we work together.

Talking to media after the meeting, Sardar Akhtar Mengal said: 'Chairman Senate is not part of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and he visited to know the reasons behind my decision to leave the ruling alliance. I have told him to ask the government why it is not implementing points of agreements.'

Earlier on Wednesday, Balochistan National...

To continue reading

REQUEST YOUR TRIAL