Four children of family die in Quetta gas blast.

QUETTA -- Just a day after the death of a trader and his three sons in a gas leak incident, four children died and their mother, a sister and another woman suffered injuries on Wednesday in Badizai Colony here after gas leak from a heater in their room triggered a powerful blast.

The blast destroyed the room and its wreakage fell on all members of the family.

The children were identified as Qudratullah, 7; Forestay Bibi, 7; Janan Khan, 14; and Baseer Ahmed, 3.

It was a third gas-related incident over the last one week that took place in Quetta, claiming lives of 13 people, including a newly-married couple.

According to police, the tragic incident took place in the house of Hanif Khan in Badizai Colony of Khorotabad area.

The police said that the wife of Hanif Khan, his three children, a grandson, a daughter and another woman were sleeping in the room without switching off the gas heater due to freezing temperature.

The gas heater got extinguished due to lack of oxygen in the room after some time as the room was fully covered with no ventilation point, but it kept releasing the gas which was accumulated in the room and when late in the night a member of the family tried to lit the heater, a huge blast took place that blew up the room and a portion of the house caught fire where the family members were sleeping.

As a result of the huge blast and fire, three sons, a grandson of Hanif Khan were buried under the wreckage and were killed on the spot. His wife, daughter and another woman suffered burns and injuries.

Police rushed to the area soon after receiving the report about the incident and shifted bodies of the victims and the injured to the Bolan Medical Collage Hospital.

'Two women and a girl...

To continue reading

Request your trial

VLEX uses login cookies to provide you with a better browsing experience. If you click on 'Accept' or continue browsing this site we consider that you accept our cookie policy. ACCEPT