ISLAMABAD -- Adviser to the Prime Minister on Finance and Revenue Dr. Abdul Hafeez Shaikh chaired the meeting of the Economic Coordination Committee of the Cabinet today at the Cabinet Division.
ECC approved the following technical supplementary grants:
1) Rs.3.2 billion for PIACL( Pakistan International Airline corporation Limited) to discharge the obligations on account of markup against GoP guaranteed loans.
2) Rs25,206,953 in favor of Pakistan Academy for Rural Development (PARD) Peshawar for the current financial year.
3) Rs. 1300 million to Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission to discharge its various liabilities
4) Rs 235 million to Deputy Commissioner Islamabad for making payment of internal security duty allowance to troops of Pakistan Rangers (Punjab) deployed in Islamabad
5) Rs 500 million to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to meet the expenditure of media campaign on Covid-19
6) Rs 100 million for National Disaster Management Authority (NDMF) for procuring equipment for locust control in Punjab
7) Rs 7.947 billion to NDMA on account of procurement of emergency equipment through Pakistan Foreign Mission in China (Ex-post Facto approval on account of Pakistan National Emergency Preparedness and Response for Covid-19, procurement of equipment and transfer of funds)
8) Rs.4.5 billion for the capacity building of Civil Armed forces as requested by the Ministry of Interior
9) Rs.80 million for Competition Commission of Pakistan for different expenses
10) Rs 100 million for the purchase of kerosene oil by Head Quarters Frontier Corps KP (North) to be used in different locations posts (8000 feet and above)
11) Rs.8.093 million for the Privatization Division for employee related expenditure
12) Two TSGs amounting to Rs 1192.325 million and Rs 358.506 million for Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training for the Award of Scholarships to Afghan students
ECC also granted approval for book...